Friday, March 12, 2004

UJ: friday morning ramblings...

Hmm, it is friday already? How did the week completely fly by me? I guess that's a good thing, eh?

This week has been crazy busy at work...with stuff to catch up with from being gone and then I spent a bunch of time on a hiring committee for a position we are interviewing for. I think I have mentioned this before...but what an interest twist...going from the person interviewing for a job to the person hiring for a job. I think though, it will help me interview in the future. I see things we look for...things that are red flags for us...

and on a more shallow note...I have a reality TV confession. I have been known to watch crap TV...and the woes of this continues! What do I watch now? Donald Trump's The Apprentice. Ick...I know. I didn't watch it for the first 4 or 5 episodes, but then they got all tricky...and put it on Thursday nights. I will pretty much watch anything between Friends and ER, so I suddenly became a fan of The Apprentice.

You know what though...I learn some things about myself and my values when it comes to work and what is important. I see in many ways...why corporate work like that isn't for me. Sometimes I see the candidates and things they are willing to do to make a buck...and realize I could never do that. Then I see Donald sometimes...and the reasons he fires someone and I really disagree. I think I value different things than Donald does. I know, if I was ever on a show like this....week one, Donald would probably be saying to me, "You're fired!"

I hope people enjoy their weekends...the weather is supposed to be nice here...almost 60 degrees. Not Florida nice, but well, I'm not complaining!

*winks*

Shelley