Thursday, February 26, 2004

UJ: work trip plus a cup of fun!

This week, I am feeling pretty lucky. It is kinda nice and warm here...in the high 40s and 50s. It's starting to feel like Spring. I love it when the seasons change. I think my two favorite times of the year are fall and spring...when things are transitioning. The air changes how it feels, smells, moves. I know that winter is far from over, but these last few days...have felt a lot like spring.

And two...next week, I am getting sent on a work trip. I am heading to Florida for a week. A pretty great work trip, eh? I am being sent to a three day conference (that sounds fabulous)...and the weather doesn't hurt either. My brother just moved to Florida in the last year himself...so, I am staying out there the rest of the week and spending some time with him as well. Did I mention the sunny, warm Florida air? You know...I am not someone who enjoys being hot, but I love being in places like Florida during the colder seasons. It isn't too hot there now...it's 70s and 80s...perfect for me! I don't like Florida in the summer...the hot and humid weather just drains me, but Florida in February and March, now I love the idea of that. And, I also love that work pays for it!

And as if it couldn't get better....well, my very best friend from college is also coming out to Florida to stay with me for a couple of days. We haven't been able to spend as much time together since I moved away, so I am really looking forward to getting to see her. She just got engaged...so many congrats to her!!!! I can't wait to see her...and hang out and laugh at nothing, just like we used to when we were in college. If I could have stayed in college forever...I would have.

All in all...I am looking forward to a fabulous week coming up. Wish me luck, lots of sun...and a nice breeze!

Shelley