Friday, December 06, 2002

UJ: shelley the mechanic

You know...all in all, I am very car ignorant. I never knew much about cars and I never really wanted to, but since I have had my car...and as it gets older, I have had to spend more time taking care of it. Well...in the past few days, I have felt more like a mechanic than anything else.

My power steering didn't seem like it was working well...the wheel was hard turning and it was sticking, especially when I turned to the left in my lovely parking lot. And my radiator has been leaking quite a bit lately....it isn't a large leak, but it has been sucking down coolant fluid.

So...when I was at Wal-Mart this week, I bought some power steering fluid and also bought a little stop leak kit for my radiator. I have been feeling like a little mechanic and so far...everything is fixed. The power steering is turning like it is brand new....and the radiator has stopped leaking for now. I know it will leak again, but it was a victory for me.

The best thing for me....was calling my dad to tell him. He is quite good with fixing cars...and usually I sound like the dumb girl who doesn't know about cars when I call him. I told him the things I did...and he seemed quite proud.

So...if this social worker thing doesn't work out, maybe I will just become a mechanic! *KIDDING* *BIG TIME KIDDING*

happy friday everyone....