Wednesday, November 13, 2002

UJ: 'tis a good day....

I am still feeling kind of under the weather, but I am starting to feel better. I finally called my night job and officially told them I would not be coming back, since I don't enjoy the work and that I am still not feeling well.

What is so wonderful today....is that while I was at work at Shalom something quite wonderful happened. I was talking with one of our guests....and he showed me one of his paintings. He is an amazing artist...and he is making prints out of some of his work. After we finished talking, he handed me one of his prints for me to keep. It is such a beautiful drawing of the fall trees....I might try scanning it and adding it to one of my webpages somewhere. This man has such talent...and I feel so privelidged that he honored me with one of his prints.

And sometimes when I think of the perception in society that those who are homeless or in poverty don't have any skills....I just think of this man and I know how very wrong they are.

And...I got an email from a friend yesterday who I hadn't spoken to in a little while...because we were busy and because we just hadn't taken the time, so that was quite nice to hear from her...and start that channel of communication again. You know, I am quite blessed with the wonderful friends I have in my life....even if I don't always remember it.

take care all....