Wednesday, November 27, 2002

UJ: wallflowers rocked!

I got back from the Wallflowers show last night about 1 am and what a great show! I went with 3 friends....and we all were pretty lucky, since none of us had to pay for our tickets.

We talked in about a half an hour before the show was going to start...and who do I see first? Moe Z! He was milling around the crowd just as he used to do before Mellencamp shows. I went up and said hello....since I always love seeing Moe. He was so nice...he face lit up and he gave me the nicest, warmest hug.

We talked for a little bit...I mentioned how much I missed him on Mellencamp's stage. He asked how this leg of the tour was going.... He seems pretty happy with the Wallflowers. He was so darling cute...i mentioned I was glad he joined the Wallflowers since they are a band I like. He said..."yeah, if I joined a band that no one liked then you all would drop me and never see me again." aww...I wanted to give him a hug...ooh, I already did! I told him we adored him and were more loyal than that. He said to say hello to all the mellencamp fans for him...and that he really enjoys seeing Mellencamp fans at the shows. Ahhh....it was SO nice to see him.

The opening band was horrible. They are called OURS and they were this evil band, which sometimes seemed pop and sometimes seemed thrash heavy metal. There was a lot of yelling and screaming of the lead singer on stage. To amuse ourselves while they played, my friends and I mocked them.

The Wallflowers were great....the played a great mix of hits and songs that I hadn't heard as well. It was a great show. Jakob did say that he was sick and lost his voice the day before...and that he was feeling better and heavily medicated (lol) but sometimes you could hear the strain in his voice. Poor kid needs some days off! At about the third song, there was some yelling and chanting for Moe Z....cause we all love him so. Jakob stopped and said, yep...that's Moe Z! He said that since they were in Indiana which was Moe's stomping ground, that Moe was in charge and the boss tonight. Jakob also said that the band was riding Moe's coat tails tonight. He seemed to be having a lot of fun with it....and then Moe introed Sixth Avenue Heartache (which Jake said was Moe's fav song) and Moe played a great keyboard solo in the middle of it. Moe got a great applause after the song was over.

Moe was his usual self on stage....dancing and moving with the music. One of the many things I love about Moe is that the music is so alive in him. He experiences the music completely...and that is something that can't help but be contagious. I do miss that there isn't a raised stage for Moe to jump back and forth on, since I always enjoyed watching that.....but he was classic Moe and I was so happy to be watching him. The Wallflowers are a lucky band to have him...and I wonder if John knows what he is missing!

I am so so glad I won the tickets.....because it was a great night and a great show! I will definitely have to see the Wallflowers again, even if I have to pay for it!

Shelley

P.S. I even missed 24 last night to see the lovely Wallflowers. But I taped it and it's been watched....another great episode!