Tuesday, December 10, 2002

UJ: shalom update

I haven't said much about this because I tend to live the philosophy of not counting your chickens until they hatch. And I always have that fear that talking about good things that *might* happen will jinx them! But oh well....here goes!

But...I have interviewed for a new position at Shalom. We are opening a new family resource center in January and I interviewed for the center's Director position. I had an initial interview about 2 weeks ago and then had a follow up interview last week.

The Director at Shalom aka my boss...she highly encouraged me to apply for the new position. She said she hired me with the advancement position in mind. It will be such an honor and a challenge if I am given this position....and I look forward to what it might bring.

And the director and the president of the Shalom Board, they are both so supportive of me. They are always sharing with me the strengths I have and why they think I am the perfect person for the job. Maybe they saw my doubts...but none the less....all they have been is singing my praises and reminding me what I bring to Shalom. I am grateful for them and how they remind me to sell myself and to show the world what I have to give.

So...now it looks like I should be given the position...if the uppity ups will just meet and sign off, etc. We did have one hiccup...when the people in charge of the money didn't think I was old enough to be the director of anything (they still might believe that) but it was wonderful to see the director and board president stand up for me and say how my age is an asset to the new center.....

So...the process has been such a gift to me. I have learned a lot about myself and what I bring to an organization. And I believe that I will be given this new position....and look forward to what it will bring.

And if you want to, feel free to cross your fingers for me! *winks*