Thursday, May 07, 2009

Kiefer: Alcohol might not be for you.

People know that I adore Kiefer Sutherland. He's one of my favorite actors. He's spectacularly talented and usually an all around good guy. I think 24 is one of the best shows ever on television and a large part of that is because of Kiefer and what he brings to the show.

As most have probably heard, Kiefer was arrested in NYC for a night club assault. He "allegedly" head butted a fashion designer at an after party. Kiefer and others say the incident happened and was a result of McCollough bumping into Brooke Shields and not apologizing. So, Kiefer freaks and head butts him?

What people haven't said yet...is if alcohol was involved in this incident. It was at an after hours night club party in New York City. I would bet a million bajillion dollars that Kiefer was at least a little bit tipsy. I have no facts on this...but I am still placing that bet.

And that brings me to the heart of my post...

If you get arrested for assault for head butting a freakin' fashion designer. Alcohol might not be for you.

If this arrest might violate your probation and send you back to jail. Alcohol might not be for you.

If you have already been arrested at least twice...maybe three times (can't remember) for DWIs. Alcohol might not be for you.

If your last DWI arrest landed you in jail for 45 days...where you had to be in jail through your birthday and Christmas. Alcohol might not be for you.

If being in jail made it so you had to rearrange your tv show's shooting schedule. Alcohol might not be for you.

If your ex-wife left you partly for your alcohol use and partying ways. Alcohol might not be for you.

If one of the reasons Julia Roberts left you at the alter BACK IN 1992 was because you were always boozing it up. Alcohol might not be for you.

If the only really interesting thing about the documentary you did about the band your record company was promoting was you being an embarrassing drunk the whole time. Alcohol might not be for you.

If said band (Rocco Deluca and The Burden- Great band BTW) ends up firing you as their tour manager because of your booze filled incompetence. Alcohol might not be for you.

If a majority of your friends are either active or recovering alcoholics/addicts. Alcohol might not be for you.

I think I make my point. I adore Kiefer, I do. His talent is unquestionable. I gotta wonder just how amazing he could be if he could get some help...and stop letting alcohol lead him to the above consequences. *shrugs*