Sunday, March 01, 2009

The week went by SOOO slow...and the weekend just flew on by....

Ah, it's March 1st....how times fly. First of all, congrats to Shelley since I decided I was going to post for the whole month of February...at least once a day and I did it. There were some days I didn't really have much to say. There were some boring posts throughout the month, no doubt....but if you've learned nothing about me so far...when I make a commitment, I tend to live up to it.

And of course, I did pick the shortest month of the year. Oh well...a month is still a month.

I went to church this morning. I've been fighting back a cold and REALLY wanted to skip it, but since I said I was going to church every week during the 6 weeks of Lent, I got up and got going to church. See...there is that commitment thing again. I also threw more money into the plate...since I said I was going to do that as well. I am glad I am doing those things again because they mean more than not eating candy or pizza. The not eating crap food...in reality, is all about me and has little to nothing to do with spirituality or god. In more ways than one, the lent ban on candy and pizza is more about using god as a motivation...to help me focus on not eating food that I know is bad for me. I'm alright with it, but I am glad I am coupling it with something else that really adds to and feeds my faith.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I just lazed around the house and hoped...prayed...that I've been successful at nipping this cold in the bud. *crosses fingers and does a magic dance*