Friday, August 31, 2007

Today is the 3rd Annual Blog Day!

So what does that mean??? It's Blog Day??? Yes, it is.

So, what does that mean?? Do I win a prize for being a blogger since it is Blog Day and all??? Well...not quite, but it is a great opportunity to highlight some new and different blogs.

What you are supposed to do...is go out there in the internets and find 5 new blogs that you like, that peak your interest and that hopefully are a smidge different from you. Check out your friends' blogrolls...check out all those random people that go to the same forums as you, etc.

Once you find the 5 blogs...let them know you will be highlighting them and then give them a lovely shout out on your blog. It's a way of sharing the wonderful blogging love. And finally, you add yourself to the Blog Day tag and you are all done! Simple, eh? If it's so simple....get to doing it yourself!!! *winks*

So, here are five of my favorite newly discovered blogs:

Need to Be Debt Free: I also found this blog while searching for like minded people who are trying to pay off all their debts and quickly. It was inspiring to find someone who was really willing to sacrifice in order to get their goals accomplished. I find that a lot of people talk about paying bills, reducing their debt, but not many are willing to give up those luxuries in life to do it. This guy is.

101 Reasons I Hate Being Fat: I have been reading this blog for a little while now. I found it through a search of my one of favorite health and fitness sites. I just think she is daring and talks honesty about her struggles with weight, self esteem, etc...all while trying to exercise and eat healthy, etc. She's much more honest than I am...so I really respect reading her posts. I do wish that her blog title wasn't so negative because I imagine it's hard to change your self esteem when you are always reminding yourself what you hate about your body, etc...but then again, it's telling the truth and there is honor in that. Check her out. She already has more visitors than me, but that's okay...I'm not jealous.

Suburban Turmoil: I found this blog from reading some of the people who read Y's blog. Y makes me laugh...and so does this blog. I like people who tell real life stories and leave me laughing so hard...that soda is now coming out of my nose. Read this post about her using a fake name in the phone book...if you aren't laughing...well then, I don't want you reading my blog either.

The Incovenient Truth: No. this isn't a blog all about Al Gore and his plan to make the whole world green...not that I would mind that blog either. It's Leigh's blog...she is someone I found through the Alexa project at PPP. (If you don't know what that is...it's ok!) I love her blog...her stories. We don't always agree, but that's cool. We got into a little debate on chicken and egg farms. It was a nice conversation that didn't turn into snippy fighting. She's awesome...check her out.

Don't Fear The Truth: I love this blog. It's funny. It's snarky. It's political. Basically, it's a good time had by all. I found it through the forums over at PPP. One of the things I like best is that it is mainly a political blog, but it doesn't take itself SO seriously that it makes you throw up in your mouth a little bit while reading it. It is also funny...and doesn't apologize for it, etc. So...if you like getting some politics with a side of tee, hee, hee...check them out.

There ya go...I love ya all...they have basically become daily reads lately. Who knows, I might even add you to my blogroll! *winks*

Any other interesting blogs out there I should be reading??? Lemme know.

Labels: