Monday, September 24, 2007

money is gonna be tight for a smidge...

Yeah, that's right...I looked at my checkbook this morning when I got into work. Life is gonna be tight money-wise for a while. I only have like 5 bucks in my checking account until I get paid...so let's just say that it would be a bad idea to invite me to lunch anytime soon!

Plus, even when I get paid...all that money is going places, so the flood gates won't open once I get paid or anything.

I spent money on some things lately...none that I regret, but well...it makes things tight. First, I donated $$$$ to the Diabetes Walk a few weeks ago. I wish I could have donated more, but still...it's money that usually would have sat in my account, etc.

And then there is the Kevin Smith trip. It actually costed me less than I thought it would, but still...it's hurting my pocketbook. I thought I was going to have to pay for tolls on the way there...and I didn't. I thought I was going to have to pay for parking at the garage...and I didn't. I brought my own food to eat in the car, so good planning there. Still though...it was an expense. I paid for both of the tickets up front and the credit card bill is due anytime...so I gotta pay that off. Plus, the gas cost me $35 for the trip...and I need to refill my tank pretty soon again.

So...all in all...money is tight. I am going to make it last though. The only thing that sucks is that because I don't have money to spend, it might make my birthday seem that much smaller. I can't really afford anything else right now.

And...let's just hope my car makes it without needing a fill until I get paid...and well, I am not sure it will.

If only money grew on trees!

Labels: ,