Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #23


Thirteen Things Shelley Would Have Done If She Won the 370 Million Dollar Lottery!!


Hey...I didn't even play the lottery, but here is what I would have done with the winnings if I magically did win.

1. I'd take the lump sum and then immediately pay the taxes on it...so figure I would end up with about half.
2. I would pay off my school loans...and my brother's school loans...and probably and student loans of my friends. I am not going to pay off a bunch of people's debt, but I believe in education...so I would consider paying that off for people in my life.
3. I would pay off my parents' mortgage.
4. I would buy a house for little ol' me...a basic, normal, run of the mill house. I would be one of those people who bought a multi-million dollar home...just a normal basic house.
5. I would also pay off my brother and his wife's house.
6. I would put 5 million dollars in trust for my nephew.
7. I would buy my parents a house in Florida so they could live there for part of the year and be close to my brother.
8. I would buy a car. I would buy a mini cooper. I just think they are adorably cute....and gas efficient, etc. I would keep my grand am, but also get the coop for driving around town.
9. I would buy my dad a new truck or whatever kind of car he wants. He's been driving a beat up truck for long enough now.
10. I would learn how to fly a plane. I've always wanted to, but it just seemed so impractical.
11. I would buy a small plane once I knew how to fly it.
12. I would invest my monies wisely...and hope to continue to live off the interest for the rest of my life.
13. I would consider quitting my job...but only to start a local non-profit. There is no local shelter for adults here and I think it is hugely lacking. I would start a local homeless organization that offered shelter, transitional housing and a day center.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , ,