Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Whey Protein

Being the veggie girl that I am....and the fact that I am attempting working out all the time...I am constantly worried about my protein intake and the fact that I might not be getting enough. I eat a lot of soy...and have some nuts from time to time and many of my veggie burgers have a good deal of protein in them.

But...sometimes it just isn't cutting it. So when I was at BJ's this weekend...I bought a gigantic container of EAS Whey Protein.

EAS Whey Protein

I was a smidge uncomfy buying so much of it...because if I thought it tasted like monkey poo...it would be difficult to either force myself to eat that much of it...or throw that much of it away. But it's BJs and you can't get anything in small amounts...so I threw it into the cart and was on my way.

I like this protein because it has a lot of protein per shake (well duh!)...it has 23 grams per serving. It is low in fat...only 2 grams per serving. And sodium is not bad as well...55 mg per serving. Calories aren't bad either...only 120 per shake.

Yesterday...after a 63 minute workout (cheers for myself! YEAH!)...I got off the elliptical and made myself a protein shake. (It's my plan to drink them post workout)

And how did it taste?

It was good...it didn't taste like a Friendly's milk shake of anything. I mixed mine up with plain ol' water and it tasted like a watered down chocolate milk shake. The great thing about it...it completely mixes in. I thought it would end up being gritty or having some of it at the bottom of the cup...but...nope, it almost immediately dissolved completely.

I was pretty impressed. I imagine it would have tasted pretty close to chocolate milk...if I had made it with milk instead of water.

Phew...I would have hated to think of drinking that whole container...if it tasted like saw dust and chalk!