Thursday, October 27, 2005

tagged

Oops...I forgot to do my movie review this sunday. I was busy moving and painting and stuff, so I just forgot about it. I did see Bewitched and House of Wax...both were so-so. I would write reviews, but I am not in the mood really,

Heather tagged me on her site to fill out this little online thing...so, here it is:

10 years ago it was 1995, I was.....
In my freshman year in college.
Best Friends with Morgan.
Barely knew who I was...and had the self esteem of a gnat.
About to vote in my first election.
Wanted to be an elementary education teacher.
Driving nothing...bumming rides off friends.

5 yeara ago it was 2000, I was.....
In my first year in grad school in Indianapolis.
Loved John Mellencamp...the music and the man.
Lost 50 pounds.
Working at a homeless day center.
A radical feminist.
A vegetarian.
Didn't believe in best friends anymore, but had some really great ones.
Wanted to be a social worker and make a difference in the world.
Driving a 1990 Olds Cutlass Ciera.

1 year ago it was 2004, I was.....
Back in New York...and wondering where I was going to fit.
Working as an Americorps member at the local county...loving it even when it breaks my heart.
Working at the local video store...and loving it, most of the time.
Gained 40 pounds back.
Still a radical feminist, but not as idealist.
Working surrounded by republicans and still surviving.
Still a vegetarian.
Still wanting to make a difference.
Living with my parents...aurghh!
Driving a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am.

Yesterday, I was.....
Still working for the county...for real money now.
In drug court for hours with one client.
Hoping I still make a difference.
Still working at the video store...I love the free rentals.
Still a vegetarian, radical feminist...and yes, a liberal.
Have my own apartment...I can afford one now.
Still driving my Grand Am...and almost done paying for it.
Watched a woman with a .43 BAC get arraigned and sent to jail.

5 Songs I know all the words to.....
I know the words to SO MANY songs! Here are 5:
Void in My Heart, John Mellencamp and every other one of his songs.
Hurt, Johnny Cash's version
Every song by the Beatles
Fare Thee Well, Indigo Girls
The Luckiest, Ben Folds

5 Things I would do with 100 million dollars.....
Open a homeless shelter in town
Pay off my school loans
Buy a mini-cooper
Take a vacation to see my brother and nephew
Buy a home....this paying rent thing is for the birds.

5 places I would love to visit.....
London
Ireland
Australia
Seattle
Africa

5 Things I would never wear.....
4" high heels
a tube top
a "Vote Bush" t-shirt
leg warmers
super short skirts

5 Favorite TV Shows.....
24
Alias
Lost
South Park

5 Bad Habits.....
Eating too much
Talking too much
Procrastinating
Not returning emails/phone calls like I should
Not cleaning as often as I should

5 Biggest Joys.....
My family
My nephew, Alex
a good laugh
Talking about things that matter
great friends

I tag Jen and Kelly...and Matt (if he hasn't already been tagged).