Sunday, October 09, 2005

a list encompasses it all...

Hey y'all...I haven't posted since Tuesday, so I thought I would let you know what has been going on in my life...hence the listy list!

  • The Red Sox are out of the playoffs....they unfortunately got swept by the Chicago White Sox. The Red Sox just weren't the team they were last year...but I still love and support them none the same. Their pitching was not good by the end of the year...it just wasn't consistent...and sadly, the Red Sox can't win without a strong bullpen. We'll just have to wait for next year to see the Red Sox play again. And now...I will admit it, I am a bitter fan. I don't really care who wins the World Series...I just don't want the Yankees to win. One, I don't like them. Two, there is this chump at work who is a huge Yankees fan...and I would love to see the Yankees lose just to SHUT HIM UP! I saw a bumper sticker the other day...and it sums it up well. "I root for two teams...the Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankees." lol


  • I now have an apartment...I signed a lease this morning. It is a nice, little 2 bedroom just about 2 miles away from my day job. It was within my price range and it seemed like the right apartment for me. I am SO excited to be moving out of my parent's house. I adore my parents and loved that they allowed me to live with them...but I desperately miss my independence. Independence...here I come!


  • I had the shift from hell at the video store yesterday. Saturday is was pouring rain all day long...and as you might guess, when it is raining...everyone and their brother goes out to rent a video to veg while the rain is pouring down. So, I knew it was going to be busy, but you have no idea. I was on shift with the new girl...who barely knew the register...and what is worse, she isn't all the emotionally stable. She said that if customers are short or mean with her...she will start crying. Umm...fellow retail bandits...we know that if you can't handle annoyed customers...you SHOULDN'T be working in retail. So, it got crazy busy...and she got way over her head. So, she went on break...even though I needed her because there were 30 people waiting in line...and she came back 15 minutes later and said she couldn't handle it and was leaving. She called the manager...and said she couldn't even wait for him to come in, so she left...and left me alone in the store for about an hour. It was hell...but luckily, the customers were quite nice and understanding. The manager got in...and then our computers went down, so we could no longer accept credit cards, checks or giftcards. It was a mess...a mess. After I left for the evening...looking back, it was quite comical, but during it...shift from hell. My hatred for the video store was pretty high yesterday. *giggles*


  • I think that's about it...for now!