Tuesday, December 21, 2004

50 foods to eat before you die....

I was surfing BE this evening...what else am I going to do since I didn't go to work and slept so much that now I am wide awake. Anyways...I saw this post over at Chikafinty about the BBC claiming that there are 50 foods we should eat before we die.

So, I decided to play along. Those foods in bold are foods I have already eaten. Foods in blue are foods I would like to eat and foods in red are foods that I never plan on eating...EVER!

Something to note: I am a vegetarian and plan on always be a vegetarian, but I wasn't always a vegetarian, so that might explain some of the meaty items which are in bold.

Here goes!

1. Fresh fish
2. Lobster

3. Steak Never plan on eating it again though....
4. Thai food Mmm...love it...LOVE IT!
5. Chinese food
6. Ice cream
7. Pizza
8. Crab
9. Curry I used to not like it at all, but now I really like it, but in small quantities.
10. Prawns
11. Moreton Bay Bugs
12. Clam chowder
Never liked it, even when I was a meat eater.
13. Barbecues Been to one, never liked the smell of them though.
14. Pancakes
15. Pasta
16. Mussels

17. Cheesecake Never really liked it though
18. Lamb
19. Cream tea Never had it, but sure...I would try not.
20. Alligator
21. Oysters
22. Kangaroo

23. Chocolate
24. Sandwiches I imagine Joey from Friends being thrilled with this making the list!
25. Greek food Love it...well the vegetarian versions!
26. Burgers I have had both regular and lots of veggie burgers!
27. Mexican food Mmmm...me gusta mucho!
28. Squid
29. American diner breakfast
30. Salmon

31. Venison Sadly, I was fed Bambi in 3rd grade and didn't know it until it was too late.
32. Guinea pig
33. Shark
34. Sushi The vegetarian kind though...I haven't been brave enough to try yet though.
35. Paella I had some when I was in HS and in Spain.
36. Barramundi
37. Reindeer
38. Kebab
Eaten them...and would again, the veggie kebabs of course!
39. Scallops
40. Australian meat pie
41. Mango I love mango...mmm....so tropical....so yummy!
42. Durian fruit I'll try any kind of fruit!
43. Octopus
44. Ribs
45. Roast beef
46. Tapas

47. Jerk chicken/pork
48. Haggis

So, it kind of seems like there is a lot of red...which would seem to mean that I would be unwilling to try things. Well, that couldn't be further from the case...I am willing to try almost anything, as long as it is meat free!