Monday, October 18, 2004

Monday ramblings.....

I didn't do a hell of a lot this weekend...I finished getting over a cold that left me coughing for much of the week. As a consequence...I wasn't able to go to a dear friend's wedding. I was really sad about that because I wasn't able to be there for her on that day...and I was really looking forward to it. If I could have, I would have been there. However, I also breathed a slight, slight sense of relief. I am not handling not being employed all that well lately...or the fact that I am going to be doing retail for a while until I find the social work job that I want. So, I wasn't looking forward to telling person after person that I don't have a job when they ask the first question that everyone asks..."So, what do you do?" I still wish I could have been there...but alas, I am thankful I don't have to explain my unemployment status to a mass of strangers as well.

And now to a new subject....

I haven't posted politically in a few days. I didn't post my usual comments after the last presidential election...mainly because not much has changed in my mind. I feel that Kerry is the person for the job...even though I fear more each day that he is not going to win this election. Here is an article about Bush and Kerry...and their differing ideas on healthcare in the United States. Issues like this...will forever link me with people like John Kerry. He sees the value in insuring that the people of the United States are healthy...and how if that isn't done, it doesn't just hurt that individual....it hurts the nation. It's not about a handout...it's about defining what should be a right in this country, not a priviledge. I am not a huge fan of big government...since I have seen that kind of system being broken over and over again, but it isn't black and white. If something is going to strengthen our people and our country, than I think we need to look at its merits and not just dismiss it as big government.

And alas...another new subject:

I am not a fan of baseball. I don't tend to watch it...in person, let alone on TV. But, I did catch the final 5 innings or so of the Yankees/Red Sox game last night. I will say, it was exciting to watch. It was exciting to see a team come from behind and be on the verge of victory. But, in reality...it was most exciting to watch the fans...who were desperately holding on to the chance that their team might pull it out. It was really amazing to watch. I am not a baseball fan, but I do think that the Red Sox might have the best fans in the world....yes, even Ben Affleck! lol

And my final subject for this ever so lengthy post:

Matt found this new feature...well, his girlfriend actually found it...where you could install something on the blogger template in order to make extended entries. I added the feature to my site over the weekend, but then I ended up taking it off. Like this entry, I tend to write wordy entries...and I think it can be overwhelming for some people...especially if they don't care about what I am writing about (aka politics). But, the feature isn't something you can select for only certain posts....it is either all or none. And...after I edited some entries...I decided I didn't like the look of my site all chopped up. I am still not sure...I am debating putting it back up....who knows? I guess right now...I am leaving it the way it is...and figure that if people don't like my wordy nature, then they might not stick around anyways.

Ok, I think that is it...at least for now! Hope everyone had a nice weekend and is having a smashing Monday!