Tuesday, April 20, 2004

UJ: tornado watch

There are a couple tornado watches in Indiana tonight. They have come and gone...and are more North than where I am. It caused some damage, but I think everyone is okay.

I grew up on the east coast...so, I don't have a lot of hands on experience with tornados. But in a nutshell...on a global and not personal level, I am very attracted to them. They are so beautiful in structure and form...and so powerful. I understand the gravity of how destructive they can be...that people's lives and homes can be destroyed. But, I can't help being a little obsessed and attracted to them.

If I heard there was a tornado watch in my area..I would want to be outside and watching it. I probably wouldn't because it isn't safe...but I would hate the idea of it happening...without me being able to witness it.

The power and beauty....it breathtaking...from afar...and as long as it isn't your loved ones and your house that it is going through.

Shelley