Monday, June 30, 2003

UJ: sooooo tired! (and I loathe DEER CREEK!)

Hey kiddos....I am such a tired tired girl today. I had a fun, but overwhelming weekend this past weekend.

On Saturday, I drive into Indy to a Pampered Chef party with a friend of mine....then drove back to Bloomington and hung out and had a cookout with a group of friends. We had A LOT of fun...drank probably a tad too much, didn't get enough sleep, etc...

And Sunday morning I woke up at 6:30am and could not get back to sleep. That was the beginning of a long day. Then I went home...ran some errands, etc. I was trying to take a nap since we were heading up to the Dave Matthews concert that evening, but I wasn't able to sleep. I was exhausted, but I wasn't able to sleep.

So, at about 2pm, we headed out of town towards Indy again to the Dave Matthews show. I had a good time....but was so tired and cranky, that I think it will go down as a night not to be known as great. I drove up...and on the drive up I noticed how tired I was already and it was only 3pm. We had a late lunch with my friend's parents....and the waitress and service was horrible. She got many many things wrong....she brought me a regular burger and not a veggie burger...and then was insistent that a burger was what I wanted. She was dropping things left and right.... Let's just say that she isn't very good at what she does....and we all noticed.

Then on to the show.....for the first little while we had a really good time. We played the "That Guy" game while looking at the crowd. You have to find guys who match the description of your card...such as "Mullet Guy" "Guy Wearing More Jewerly Than You GUy" etc... But I think we all started to hit a tiredness wall....and that was about when the music started. The opening band was the Aguanas....and they were pretty good.

And Dave came on next....I have never seen him before, outside of Farm Aid. I am not a huge fan, but I like his stuff when I hear it on the radio. I was enjoying it, but was also getting overwhelmingly tired. And then....well...some drunk guy stepped on my foot, a drunk girl behind me kicked me, then she and her friends spilled beer on me and the blanket...not once, but twice. Oh lord....it was not helping my cranky mood.

And then getting out of Deer Creek. I swear...given that experience, I don't think I ever want to go there again. We were packed in like cattle getting out of the building and then when we got to our car, we waited 45 minutes before our cars started moving. I think I had it at this point....so tired...so cranky....and just wanting to be home in my bed. So...then guess what, we get lost. I have no idea where I am driving or what I am doing...and good god....it's getting later each minute. So, my wonderfully wonderful friend takes over the wheel and drives the rest of the way for me....since I was on the verge of either falling asleep or killing someone. So...THANK YOU to her!

And then we listened to music in the car...and talked on the way home. It was an ordeal....but it was quite an experience to have. It's not one I am jumping to do again....but all in all....was definitely worth it.

So...that was my weekend. Now, I am waiting at work until I can leave at 2pm...go home and take a nap! *yawns*

g'night!