Friday, June 27, 2003

UJ: happy friday!

Hello....today just feels like a good day. This week was pretty hectic at work, but today...it just feels calm. Now, I haven't gone to work yet and who knows what the day may bring, but right now....I don't know why, but I just feel good.

And why has work been hectic....well, in small...the organization that works with the homeless is closing. They are closing their emergency individual shelter and family shelter. So, we have been scrambling all week trying to get people a place to stay....and sometimes we were successful and sometimes we were not. On Wednesday, I think we saw 11 families come through the door with needs from a roof over their head to diapers and baby food for their children. It was a crazy hectic day, but it felt good in some sense...because I was in small ways able to help each family and that felt good.

This week I have also been talking with an old friend more. We have always been very close...she is one of my very very best friends from college. We chatted over email a few times in the past week and we started talking on the phone again this week. I don't think I realized how much I missed her until we started chatting again....she is someone who just understands me and when we talk, it doesn't seem like time has passed or that we are so far away from one another. She might try to come visit me....and that would make me SO SO happy! I can't believe it has been months since I have seen her...and her birthday is on Saturday...so happy happy Birthday to her!

So...today should be a simple day. We have a play group this morning and a cooking class this afternoon...and tonight, I am going to sit home, relax and watch some crappy TV. AND...this weekend, I am going to the Dave Matthews show...and that should be tons o' fun!

much love-