Monday, November 04, 2002

UJ: mellen-experiences

hey there.....it's almost 2:30am and I just walked into the door from a Mellencamp show. They are SO amazing....part of me always forgets just how wonderful the shows are until I go to another one. This one was in Bloomington....where both John and I live (not together....don't I wish! lol).

Hmm...what can I say at this tired state except for AWESOME! The show was just about 2 hours...maybe a little less and he was rocking the whole time. I was in the FOURTH ROW BABY...so I got to see the sweat on his face and his BELLY BUTTON at one point as well (hummina).

One sad note....this is the first live show I have seen without Moe Z M.D. who used to be John's keyboard player. It is sad to not see Moe up on stage dancing away....and it does feel like something is missing. For me...Moe is part of the Mellencamp experience and without him, part of the overall picture is missing. I am sure that with time, I will adjust.....but right now all I can say is that I MISS MOE and what he brought to the band. He was so wonderful on stage...and also such a nice, open, warm and wonderful man everytime we chatted. I'll greatly miss him everytime I see Mellencamp from now on. I was quite pouty about it tonight...and in complete denial that Moe wasn't there.... *pouts* I imagine the pouting will continue for a while to come....

Hmm...also got to see a bunch of my mellenfriends...and that is really what the shows are all about, seeing those lovely friends that I rarely get to see. I got to see Joy, Sharon, Hoyt, Tony B, Mary, Nikki (all the way from NH), Girt, Kevin...and more people that I am forgetting to mention. Seeing them is one of the reasons I enjoy mellencamp shows so much. After the show, we went back to Joy's room and just hung out and chatted forever...and caught up since the last time we saw a show together. We also got a call from Gerri in TX, who couldn't join us....which was a wonderful addition to the night. Oh...and also got to chit chat with Jon E Gee's (Mellencamp's bass player) wife for a little bit since I saw her in the audience. She is such a sweet woman...and we talked about her kids, etc... Both she and Jon are two of the kindest people I have ever met.

See....this mellencamp obsession as some call it....not everyone understands it, but it really is a community. We are a great group of people...who have this wonderous bond of John's music that has brought us together...but we are so much more than just fans, we truly in many senses feel like family. I love seeing these faces at shows....these familiar faces. It is our own Mellenheads family reunion everytime there is a show.....and I can't wait for the next one!

Alright...it's way too late for me to be up since I have to work tomorrow....night all....and sweet mellendreaming to you!

*waves*

Shell