Sunday, October 27, 2002

UJ: lazy sunday

Hello! It's sunday night....and it seemed like the weekend flew by. I was supposed to work at my second job on Saturday, but I wasn't feeling well, so I called in. You know...if I was supposed to work at Shalom on Saturday, I would have gone no matter how I was feeling....but I just don't care as much about my second job. My second job is all about paying the bills. It feels like work....Shalom doesn't feel like work, it feels like an opportunity, it feels like I am making a difference.

And to top off not feeling well...when I went out to my car on Saturday....and tried to start it...NOTHING!!! It rained like a monsoon on friday, so I had my lights on...and I turned on the inside light by accident and since it was light out when I shut the car off, I didn't notice. So....long story, short...my car battery was dead. I had to call AAA....and there were there within 30 minutes and had my car up and running.

Today...I went to see a movie. I have started going to the movies by myself. I went to go see "One Hour Photo" by myself. I went to go see "Red Dragon" by myself...and today I went to go see "Punch-Drunk Love" by myself. I enjoy going to the movies....and I went often with friends last year, but they don't seem as interested in the kind of movies I REALLY wanna see....so, I have started going by myself. Part of it is liberating...part of it is lonely. But, it's a movie...it's not like you are there for entertainment.

anyways....Punch Drunk Love was good. It wasn't really what I expected...I think the trailers and advertisements for the movie are slightly misleading, but I really enjoyed it. It is definitely an independent movie...it has that edgy quality that I really enjoy in indi features. I also was very impressed with Adam Sandler in this movie. As most people know, I am a huge fan of his work....but in this movie, he didn't play the same character....that makes me laugh out loud with his silly jokes. This movie was a real stretch for him....and he really brought you along with the character in this story. It was quite a change for Sandler....

That's my weekend in a nutshell...so, how did you spend yours???