Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's been a while...let's catch up!

Hey all there out on the interwebs....I'd been forever and a day since I updated. OK, it's been a little over a week. This last week was brutal at work...but in a good way. I was going to a week long training and the time suck was out of control. My alarm was going off at 4:30am... was at work by 6am...driving to the training...training all day long...driving back to the office and not home until about 7pm. I was glad I went to the training, but good lord...I was SO exhausted by Friday afternoon (Ok maybe by some time on Thursday...I was just faking perkiness and being awake on Friday).

I don't want to not update about my trip to Vermont though. It was horrible. Just dreadful. Completely kidding. It was amazing. Complete awesomesauce. I was SO glad I went. I wasn't sure I was going to go...and a great friend convinced me to go and let me stay at her place for the evening on Saturday.

I headed up to Vermont on Saturday...early afternoon...11am or so. I got into Burlington at about 1pm. I made pretty good time...and yes, I am still a speedy devil from time to time. I went to visit a friend (the one who was letting me stay with her). She was bummed because she had to work and couldn't hang out with everyone all day long. It was so great to see her...and made me feel silly and stupid for letting so much time go by between when I've seen her last.

The events for the day....was going wine tasting and chit chatting...going to a local bowling alley/sports bar just to kill time and more talking....and then on to dinner for shocking...more chit chatting and catching up. After that, we went downtown to the bars and met up with people...and just hung out until the wee hours of the morning.

It was so wonderful to see people again. Some people I haven't seen since the 10 years we graduated college. It was great to see where people had gone with their lives....many were married...had kids. It was so interesting to see what careers people chose. Some people...exactly what you imagined and some people doing things I never would have expected.

What meant the most to me...is just reconnected with people. You know those people that you don't get to SEE a lot, but once you get together...it is like nothing changed. You go back to that great, wonderful, supportive relationship that you had back in the day. I definitely have some of those people in my group of college friends. Those people that are "your people."

It also made me a little sad that I haven't been very good at keeping in contact with people from college and high school. It's always something I need to work on. Sometimes the outwardly confident person that I am....just isn't there internally. I definitely am going to be better at it...and make sure that another ten years doesn't go by without me seeing people that I just adore.

One of my favorite things too....was on Sunday morning...getting to spend time with my friend's kids. She has two absolutely adorable children. And...she is just the best mom. It was great talking and playing with them, but also watching my dear friend as a mom. Another friend had her son with her on Saturday as well...and loved playing with him too. I adore kids....pretty sure I don't want any of my own, but I sure love playing with other people's.

All in all...a great weekend. I am so happy and grateful for the people who put it all together. We had a great time reconnecting and just remembering a really wonderful time in our lives.

P.S. If you are my friend on Facebook....there are pictures there. They are fabulous. We all look fantastic...and just chuck full of happy. I don't post pictures here...ya know...to keep the stalkers at bay, but you know where they are at.