Saturday, June 13, 2009

Heading to Cabot Cheese Country

It's Saturday morning....and sooner rather than later, I am heading to Vermont for the weekend. A few people I graduated from college with are getting together this weekend, so I am gonna head up...and hopefully see some old friends.

It's amazing to me that I graduated from college 10 years ago. Crazy bananas. A decade ago? That seems unreal.

I loved being in college. It was truly one of the best times of my life. I really figured out who I was...and what I wanted to do with my life when I was there. I made some great friends and even though I am not great at keeping in touch with people for the most part, I think of that group of friends often. I know I wouldn't be a social worker without my experiences at Trinity. I know I wouldn't have the same political and social justice views. I know I wouldn't feel as strongly about women's rights issues. I truly came into my own...when I was in college. Of course, some things I would have done differently....but not many.

So....a short weekend away for me and then I am back into town on Sunday night and heading into a very long week at work. I am going to a week long training. I am really excited about it, but also dreading the long commute each morning and the long days sitting in conference rooms.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. You know...those two people who read here.

P.S. Did you know the Red Sox totally swept the Yankees....AGAIN...this last week? Because if you didn't...they SO DID. Just saying...