Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter to all...

Happy Easter to all out there in the internets. And for those who are curious...I ended up not going to church. I got up early enough to make it, but decided against it. I had a feeling I wouldn't be going, but wasn't going to decide until I got up this morning. When I was shopping yesterday, I felt the need to buy a new outfit if I was going to go to church...and that was always the issue my mom and I had with Easer church to begin with. I know my church kicks arse and wouldn't think anything of Shelley arriving without a new, springy outfit, but it's just the idea that is automatically in my head. I'll be back to going next week and all.

As I've mentioned...I gave up pizza and candy for Lent. I also committed to going to church each week of Lent and putting more money in the plate. I was successful at all my Lent commitments. There were a few times I would have liked some yummy candy...and of course, I always want pizza. I've always said I kind of use God when it comes to Lent....and it's very true. It's a great motivator....to keep things that should be out of your diet anyways. And, it doesn't let food pushers get all over you. If someone offers me pizza or candy, etc...once you mention "giving it up for Lent" they tend to stop with the offers. So...thanks God.

I also really appreciate the commitment to going to church. I tend to miss about once a month and I like 6 weeks of going no matter what. I'm tired...still going. I'm cranky...still going. I just don't feel it...still going.

Let's see any more interesting Easter blatherings....

Oh, Tony Hawk is going an interesting easter egg hunt on Twitter. He's hidden eggs all over the country and it putting out messages about where they are...and then people tweet when they found them. It's pretty cool. Check it out.

So....easter folk...what is your fav kind of easter candy????

Mine is easy...no doubt. It is Cadbury Mini Eggs. If I didn't give it up during Lent, I would easily eat my body weight in those little suckers. I love Peeps too, but they don't hold a candle to those creamy, yummy mini eggs with the crunchy candy shell! Mmmm.....