Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Morning ramblings...

I ended up getting a call with some bad news last night. My roomie called and said that her step-father passed away at about 9:30pm or so. He has been really sick lately and battling some pretty bad illnesses, so it wasn't expected, but it doesn't make it any easier to take. My thoughts are definitely with her because I know all too well what this feels like. That's all I will say about it though...because I do my best to not talk about other people's stuff on the internet. I'm not always successful, but I try. But...if you are sending prayers and warm thoughts out...send some to my roomie and her family.

Yesterday was Sunday...and once again, I planned and started to prepare myself for church. I had a hard time sleeping and ended up waking up at 5am...and could not get back to sleep, even though I was exhausted. Seems unfair, eh? I started to think about church...and soon enough...time to leave for church had gone by and I was still sitting on the couch. I just don't feel ready to go back to Church yet, even though parts of me really want to be there. It's the place that my mom and I went together...it was our weekly time, etc. My dad didn't go to church and in the last few years, my brother wasn't a church goer. So...it was something for me and my mom. I went to church the weekend after my mom passed away...but my brother was with me. And, I didn't do so well...cried the whole time. I have never been to church without my mom...and so, the idea of going is comforting and terrifying all at the same time.

I'll go back...and I know the longer I wait, the harder it gets, but I will go...when I am ready.

Labels: , ,