Friday, August 19, 2005

i don't like tom cruise...

Really, I don't...I think he is obnoxious, horribly arrogant...and just plainly an asshole.

Plus, I could care less that he is marrying Joey Potter. But, I am sick of hearing about it...especially since the two of them tend to have the maturity of love sick school girls when talking about it. Just shut the f*^$& up about it already.

And anyone who knows me...knows what my main problem with Cruise is. I am still angry at his comments he made about depression and psych meds. Yes, I know...it was a while back, but I just saw him again on Letterman and got all annoyed at Cruise and his douche-baggery all over again.

If anyone doesn't know...Tom Cruise was on the Today Show and starting mouthing off about how depression is something that should not be treated with medication...he started talking about how vitamins could be more effective and how people just use medication to mask what is really going on. Of course, I believe that in some situations...psych meds are over-prescribed...but in other situatins, those medications are appropriate and desperately necessary. Cruise seemed to be saying that those taking anti-depressants are weak...and just unwilling to do the work. I am angered by that.

And...what I am angered most by...is that I know some people who probably really need some psychological help....won't get it because Tom Cruise said it was bad and unnecessary. Isn't that sad...that someone would not get the help...recommended by actual professionals...because Tom Cruise said so. I don't believe that actors don't have the right to have opinions...nor that they should immediately be discounted...but really...who are you going to listen to? Tom Cruise...because he was cute in Top Gun...or an actual professional...who knows your story and has assessed your needs.

I stand firm...in my opinion...that Tom Cruise is an asshat. grr....

Having said that...War of the Worlds was pretty good...if you forget that asshat is in it.