Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Shelley...yes, with an E!

Hey y'all.....

I am going to steal this post from Joelle....I was going to leave a comment on her site, but since it's an older post (because yes, she updates her blog more often then once a month) I am just going to steal it and give her a smidge of credit. Joelle's awesome...she kicks ass and it sassy while doing it. So, if you don't already read her...you should.

Anyways...here is her post whose main idea...I am now going to steal.

My name is shelley....spelled...yep, Shelley...not Shelly...yes, that is right, I said Shelley. It is S H E L L E Y.

Can you tell I am a tad sensitive about this? Yep, I am.

My mommy likes Es...so I am Shelley with an extra E. Always have been. And like Joelle...I am annoyed by people who seem to have little to no attention to detail and spell my name wrong when it is right there in front of them.

Take a look kids....what is the address to my site...go ahead and look...I will wait.

Yep, it is shelley1005.blogspot.com.....

And what is my email? Hmm...could it be shelley1005@gmail.com. I think it is.

How do I sign all my emails...and most of my posts???


Shelley

It just frosts my toes...when people over and over again spell my name Shelly. I know...I shouldn't care, but well I do. And you know what, I should care...it's my name. I don't think it is too much to ask for someone to take the two seconds to spell it right. It's not the standard, usual spelling of Shelley, but well...too bad. It's my name and I adore it.

When I was in high school...I would write my name on each page of my yearbook signature pages..in hopes that at least a few people would spell my name correctly...but sadly...most wrote..."Hey Shelly, have a great summer!" Grrr...and these were people I have been going to school with since I was 5.

When I was a kid....if someone spelled my name incorrectly...even teachers, the next time I would write my name to them, I would write Shelley...just to make the point.

I know....it must seem like a pretty petty thing to complain about. And it probably is...but well, I don't think it is too much to ask for people to take the time to learn enough about me to learn how to spell my name correctly.

Annoying rant over. I promise.