Friday, March 25, 2005

an advertisement...

I was checking some of my savings, checking and credit card accounts this morning when I woke up...making sure that I didn't go broke overnight, etc.

And, I thought I would send out a little advertisement for my online savings account, ING DIRECT.

Regular savings accounts that you get through your local bank or what have you...have a return of about 0.85% to at most 1%. The return on my ING Savings account is a whopping 2.80%. It still won't make you rich, but it is significantly better than the ones I have been able to find in banks.

The only real downside...is that it is online and linked to one of your checking accounts. So, you have to request money to be sent in or withdrawn out. So, you can't just go to the bank and withdraw it at a moment's notice. I think you might be able to request a ATM card...but I haven't done that. I actually really like it that I am not able to get to my money without a few days notice...it makes it so that I actually treat that money like savings and don't spend it on frivilous things.

So...if you are looking for a savings account...check out ING DIRECT!!! And...if you are going to sign up, send me an email first...cause I think the bank will give me a referral credit...and that would be sweet! Plus, if I refer you...you'll get $25 in your account when you do sign up! So, DO IT!!!!