Thursday, March 24, 2005

busy busy day....

I worked a long day yesterday, but it was completely worth it. I helped with a youth conference in the morning...and then it was the usual drug court in the afternoon. The judge who presides over Drug Court...he is one of the toughest and strickest judges in the area...so, therefore...he often isn't popular, especially among people who have gone before him as defendents.

So...I hear a lot of people whining and complaining about this man. About how he is cold and uncaring...and cares more about giving people sentences and collecting fines, then he does about people. Well, I wish these people could watch this man when he presides over Drug Court. I wish they could see that caring...how he will do whatever he can to help the people in his courtroom, as long as they are willing to work on their addiction and work towards recovery. I can't get into specifics....confidentiality and all...but, that kid...who has never had anyone care about him before...was cared about by the Judge. The judge didn't just throw him away like everyone else has done when he screwed up.

It was a 14 hour day...but as I said, well worth it.

Only two more days til the weekend, eh?