Saturday, December 11, 2004

where have I been???

So, it is true...I haven't posted in a few days. And well, thanks for Matt for missing me! mwah! *winks*

Where have I been? Away from my computer is the short story...the long story is:

On Wednesday I was at work forever...but the good side is that drug court was really amazing last night. We were really able to impact some people's lives...and it was wonderful to see just how much the judge cares about all the people in front of him. I wasn't sure my social work sensibilities and drug court would get along...but I am happy to admit how wrong my hunch was. I think that my work with drug court is the closest thing to the values of social work that I am doing.

And Thursday...it was also a crazy day at work. I got a tour of the county jail...which was more interesting than I thought it would be. It was nicer and cleaner than I ever expected it to be. And of course, it is always interesting to see the power control types that become COs. You know...the guys who when they get bored during a slow shift...will make a mess just to make the inmates clean it up for their enjoyment. yes, I know...these people are in jail...but well, they are not your entertainment.

And then Friday...I was gone ALL day long...ALL DAY! I left my home at about 5am and drove for 3.5 hours to a day long training in Syracuse. It was interesting, but I wish it hadn't sucked so much of my time. It was a training on working with SA clients, case management, referrals and documentation. As I said, it was interesting, but it wasn't anything I didn't learn when getting my MSW.

And look for the post below...which is a lovely entry...maybe even rant on car etiquette on my ride home.

But no fear....I'M BACK!!!!! You can no longer be overcome with sorrow from missing me!