Monday, December 06, 2004

meme make-up...

Since I was home sickly today...I decided I would make up some memes I didn't get around to last week...since I was all about work last week! I won't do them all...I will just pick a couple. Here goes:

Theatre Thursday

Week 28 - The Competition

The past couple of weeks saw the opening of several big-budget and high-concept films: The Polar Express, Alexander, and National Treasure. These movies starred Tom Hanks, Colin Farrell and Nicholas Cage, respectively.

Only one question this week. Which of these three is the better actor, and why?
Oh...this is an easy question...without a doubt, Tom Hanks. I think Colin Farrell is pretty, but I am not sure how talented he is...plus, I think he is quite smug and well, not the nicest guy to ever happen to the world. Yes, that doesn't make him un-talented, but well.... And Nick Cage is talented, but he just bugs me. He always seems to act with that whiney tone in his voice.

Oh yeah and why does Tom Hanks win? Well...cause he rocks. I remember the old Tom Hanks...you know...the funny guy from Bosom Buddies...and the guy in Splash, Turner and Hooch, Punchline and of course Big. Let's not forget the mass amount of Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan films either...cause well, those always make me smile. Hanks is hilarious, but I love there is more to him than that...and we got to see him in serious roles such as Philadelpia, Castaway, Saving Private Ryan, etc. Hanks proved he is more than just a funny guy...but an all around, fabulous actor.

Yep..easy answer...Tom Hanks.

*********************************

And now it is time for Friday's Feast! Just pretend it is friday, mkay?

Feast Twenty-Six

Appetizer
Tell about a toy you remember from your childhood.
Sit and Spin...do you remember those? They were these little plastic seats that you sat on and spun yourself around and around and around. I loved those! LOVED THEM! If they made adult sit and spins (get your mind out of the gutter!)...I would own one.

Soup
If you could make one thing in the world absolutely free for everyone, what would it be?
Healthcare. I know it is probably a more serious answer than people wanted or intended, but I think it is not something that is a priviledge, but something that should be consider a humane right of all people. Someday....

Salad
Approximately how many times per day do you think about your significant other?
Shelley is a single girl right now...so, that would be zero.

Main Course
Name something you believe in 100%.
Myself.

Dessert
List 3 things you did this year that you would consider a "good deed."
1. Helping a neighbor dig her car out of the snow.
2. Helping a friend get through the semester without going insane.
3. Putting whatever free change I have in the Salvation Army caldrons whenever I see them. I figure it is the least I could do.

I will try to be better about doing these on time this week...but well, I make no promises! *winks*