Thursday, December 16, 2004

Theater Thursday Week 30

It's time for Theatre Thursday...especially since I forgot to do it last week! Enjoy...and go do it yourself!!!

Week 30 - That's a wrap.
We've come to the end of another year, almost. So it's time to pick the best (and worst) of 2004.

1) Which movie do you think was THE BEST of 2004? The worst?

I think the best movie this year was hands down, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I thought it was funny, quirky and also really sentimental and deep. I thought it truly showcased the brilliance I have felt that Jim Carrey has had for a long time now.

2) If you were handing out the Oscar's this year, who would pick as Best Actor and Actress. Name the actor/actress and the film.
Well, I think it is obvious I would select Jim Carrey for Eternal Sunshine. I just think he connected so clearly to that character...and I saw something just magical. He's much more than just a funny man in my opinion.

And for best actress, I will stay consistent and say Kate Winslet for Eternal Sunshine. I think the movie worked because of the performances of Jim and Kate...and the chemistry they had on screen. It felt like we were watching something bizarre, but real...and it was the acting that made a Kaufman script seem real.

3) The category is 'best film of 2004'. There are 5 nominees. What 5 movies would be on your list.

I only selected movies I have actually seen...so I am sure there are other movies out there that I just haven't seen yet.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Fahrenheit 9/11
Garden State
Shrek 2
Kill Bill Vol. 2

BONUS) Is there a moving coming out in the upcoming year that you're excited to see? If so, what is it?

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - I think. Part of me can't wait to see it, but the other part of me pretty much knows that it is only going to disappoint me. I loved the original SO much that I am not sure anything can top it...the original is just perfection.