Sunday, December 19, 2004

Indulge me in my rant of the day....

Ok, I usually don't like it when someone decides to air their trangression with another blog on their blog...it usually just seems like drama to me, but since this fella keeps on deleting any comment I put on his blog, I am going to post my comments and my issues with him here.

Ok, here is the deal. The blog is Confederate America. I often come across conservative blogs on Blog Explosion....and Confederate America is one of them. This guy posted a picture of America with the red and blue counties from the election. Then he put this quote under it:

Just a few numbers for the losers to crunch and cry over:

Bush won over 3,000.000 square miles of US land
Kerry won over 740,000 square miles of US land

God Bless America and the over 59,000,000 people who voted for President George W. Bush.

Now...I usually don't leave comments on the conservative blogs...or if I do, I try to convey my alternative point of view in hopes of maybe having a discussion. I tried to do that here. On Friday night...I think it was Friday, I left a comment on this guy's blog. I basically said that I am not crying over the map, nor the statistics...because we all know they are skewed. We know that just because a candidate wins a certain county that doesn't mean everyone in that county voted for that candidate...and that is true in both the blue and red areas. I also said that this last Presidential election was one of the closest in history and that the writer of this post must know that as well. I encouraged him to take a hard look at the actual statistics...instead of just latching onto the skewed ones. I think that is a problem that both sides do...but this poster was really showing the conservative side of it.

So, I surfed back on his site on Sunday and saw that my comment had been deleted. I was quite surprised...honestly. Especially since there is quite a vulgar post from another "leftie" in the comments and that was left there for everyone to see.

You see, I was surprised until I thought about it. Here is my armchair psychology of why my comment was deleted while the bashing, evil comment was left there. I think that this poster doesn't want to see a rational conversation of both parties. He didn't want to see a comment from a liberal person that clearly explained the other way of looking at his post. He wants either irrational liberals whose bashing comments prove his point...or he wants conservatives there to witness the irrational liberals and to pat him on the back for being completely right.

So, I made a comment on Sunday...basically saying I was disappointed that my comment was deleted and that I wondered why...since my comments were respectful, even though they disagreed with his opinion. And guess what...that comment was deleted as well.

I left one more comment, which I am sure will be deleted in no time, but well...I am okay with that. I realized he isn't open to dialogue, unless it is more of agreeing with him and congratulations.

I did notice, Confederate America has this statement listed on his site:

The owner of this blog reserves the right to delete any and all comments that he disagrees with. This blog is not a democracy....it is private property. Any comments that bash our President will be deleted. Any comments that use vulgar or profane language will be deleted.

I agree. He has the right to delete any comment he wishes. And since it is obvious my disagreeing comments on his post aren't welcome...but since I didn't bash the President, nor did I use vulgar or profane language, I decided to no longer allow myself to be silenced. He can delete all the comments he wants...but not when it comes to what I write on my own blog.

It's one of the things I really like about Framptonia. Nathan asked for team members...about a month back. Nathan is a self-described conservative, but he also looked for differing opinions. Nathan has added both myself and Sarah, who are both more liberal than he is...in hopes of really bringing together both sides for a conversation, instead of both sides talking amongst themselves...and bashing the other side. So, congrats to Nathan...from the above writings, it's obviously a mature stance...that obviously most are just not ready or prepared to do.

Okay...rant is over. And on to bigger and much better things. Thanks for indulging me!