Tuesday, October 19, 2004

TV Tuesday Week 28

It's Tuesday...so, what does that mean? It's time for TV Tuesday! It's fun...you know you want to play, so get to it!

Week 28 - Home Shows

We've been doing a lot of redecorating around our home lately and checking out some of the home decorating shows, I'd never really watched them before but have found a few kind of interesting so this week Home shows are in the spotlight!

1. Do you watch home shows regularly? If so, which ones?

I used to avoid them...you know, with the Bob Vila "This Old House" shows, but with the new, updated version...I tend to watch. I am addicted to Trading Spaces. Pretty much the minute after I get a home...I am applying to be on that show. I think it is entertaining...as well as learning some home improvement tricks. I love it, love it, love it! I also watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from time to time...but I am not nearly as loyal as I am to Trading Spaces. But, I do watch...cause it is fun and well, Ty is hot!

2. Have you ever followed a tip that you learned from a home show or TV?
Umm, I don't think I have, but I have written down little tips that I thought were cool, so I could use them later.

3. What is the best (worst,stupidest,coolest...) thing you've ever seen on a home show?
Well, the short answer is Hildi from Trading Spaces. The woman just does some ugly and stupid things. She glued hay to the wall in one episode. Eww and messy. She painted a couch pink in one episode...and not with fabric paint either, but with the paint you throw up on the wall. She spray painted a stove once...and it did not go well. I think Hildi doesn't always think about the room in a practical sense...in how it will be used. And, often...I find her designs to just be ugly....fugly ugly!

~Bonus~ If your home had it's own show what would it be called? Why?
I would call it "Shelley Simple Solutions." It would be a show about easy solutions to problems around the house.