Sunday, October 31, 2004

is it really cool to have your blog explode?

So, in the past few days...I have had some Blog Explosion insights. I think the service is great, but I am not so sure how thrilled I am about the new traffic anymore.

Let's face it...90% of the people are only on your site for 30 seconds in order to get the BE credit and then they surf on to the next site...for more of the same. I can't really complain since that is often what I do as well.

But, lately I have stopped doing that. I have started reading every blog I surf upon...and if I see that I am not interested in it, I add it to my "Do Not View" list. I have spent more time on each blog...which of course means my credits is down...but it also means I have found some really nice blogs to read. I have doubled my blogroll since I signed up...and that is how I see BE really being valuable.

So, I am still using Blog Explosion...but not as much for the traffic anymore. I am using it to find some more blogs to read...since I am always on the look for an interesting read.

If you haven't tried Blog Explosion...go and try it. It's pretty awesome...oh and yeah, all the cool kids are doing it. You want to be cool now...dontcha!