Sunday, October 31, 2004

daylight savings....

So, in 2000...I moved to Indiana to go to grad school. It's a swanky state...it's just too cool.

And...in many ways it is unique...because it doesn't celebrate Daylight Savings Time. Indiana and Arizona don't do Daylight Savings Time...we don't run around and change all our clocks twice a year. As a result...the state changes times zones twice a year though. Half of the year....we are eastern time zone and half the year we are central time zone. But alas, we never change our pesky clocks.

So...as most of you know...I moved back to NY this summer and once again, I woke up this morning and changed all my clocks. I had missed the feeling...of realizing that you got an extra hour of sleep. It always seems like you are winning some special sleep prize. Whoo hoo! I won a sleep prize! *giggles*

I am still not sure why we do Daylight Savings anymore...I think as a nation, it is an old tradition...that I wouldn't mind getting rid of, but I will say...it is bizarre doing it again after not doing it for years.

Oh, and I read an article this morning on Sammy Sosa and how he thinks the Chicago Cubs didn't treat him right as a player last season. For me, it wasn't very interesting except this one line:

"Sosa arrived late to the finale at Wrigley Field and then left the game early without playing. The Cubs fined him $87,500 - one day's salary - because of his actions."

$87,500 is one day's salary? *grumbles* That's it...I now must go kill myself!

Happy Halloween y'all....