Thursday, October 09, 2003

UJ: program eval

Hey kids....all week long I have been consumed....by this program evaluation that I had at work. I had to tabulate all the data for the past three months and prove we have been doing what we are supposed to be doing...and then I have to write a work plan about what we are going to do in the next three months.

There has been some tension between the grant funder and our organization....sometimes about philosophical differences and sometimes about just seeing things in different perspectives, even when we are seeing and talking about the same thing.

Anyways...I was a tad nervous about this evaluation because of that. And I was also working like a mad woman preparing for this meeting. I finished it last night....and then tweeked it this morning. I have always been an over-writer and the same is true here. Most of the director write a 5 or 7 page report...I think mine might have been 15 in total.

To cut to the chase...the eval went very well. I think the funder and program evaluator and I are finally on the same page and that we both understand one another. I over planned for it, but it worked for me...because it makes it easy for us to both see our common vision. I kind of fretted about this meeting all day long....and then it was such a relief when this meeting went so well.

Ahhh....now I can relax and maybe get some sleep...and it is also such a relieving sense for my programs...to get the thumbs up about the work that we do.

phew....

Shelley