Friday, August 15, 2003

whoo hoo! I got paid today. You know, I say whoo hoo, but really it is not all that exciting. As soon as I get my paycheck, I immediately go home and write out ALL the bills I will be anticipating in the next two weeks, until I get paid again...and then I see the little change that I have left to spend. It's not like when I was a kid or even when I was in college.,...those paychecks were just to blow on whatever I fancied at the time. I guess it's all part of growing up, eh?

I am trying really hard to build up my savings while I can...since I know the job I have is great and for a social worker, it actually pays well, but at the same time...I am working for a program which is funded by a grant and this grant runs out at the end of next year. So, who knows...we hope that there will be funding to take its place, but I also know I can't be sure of that.

Alright...enough blathering on about money.

This weekend I don't plan on doing a heck of a lot...some grocery shopping, a little cleaning of the apartment (since my brother and some of his friends are going to stay over with me one night next week...and I wanna make the impression that I am a neat person!). I also might rent a couple of movies and just chill out.

Alright that's it....it's quite a boring journal entry, but well....sometimes so is life. I would rather have it this way than have my life chuck full of drama!

Shelley