Wednesday, August 06, 2003

My brother left about 10am yesterday. We got up at about 8:30 and had breakfast. I told my brother we could go anywhere he wanted...and gave him a plethora of choices. And what does he say, "Well, I *really* wanna go to McDonalds. I love their McGriddles."

So, there are two things wrong with that statement. One, McDonalds....that is his choice. This is from my brother who is a devote vegetarian, who was vegan for a while until just recently. And instead of picking a granola crunchy bagel place, he picks Mickey Ds....the crappiest of all fast food. It was like bizarro world for me.

And two, McGriddles. Those are the egg and cheese sandwiches, but instead they are sandwiched between two small maple flavored pancakes. Hmm, let's just saw ewww...and get it over with.

So, we went to Mickey D's...and I had some eggs and muffins and such. It wasn't bad and heck, it was cheap food. Then we went back to my apartment for a little bit and then he headed out on the road and I headed to work.

It was very nice to see him....and I enjoy hanging out with him. When we were growin up, we were so different that we didn't really get along much of the time. We loved one another, but I am not sure we liked one another. I think it took time and maturity for us to appreciate our differences. Now, he is one of the coolest and more interesting people that I know...and I like that we can see one another. It's too bad we don't live closer to one another. See...now, I consider my brother to be both my brother and my friend. That's pretty cool to me.

So, now I am getting dressed and getting to work. I have to go to pet store first since the fish at work...ummm....died. So, since the kids like the fish...I am going to replace it. So, off to PetSmart I go.

Enjoy the day...and all it brings!

Shelley