Tuesday, August 12, 2003

UJ: Phone Tag

I called my *friend* back yesterday...the one who called me on Friday....to hope to talk things out. She wasn't home, but I left her a message. It looks like we are playing the phone tag game now.

I am sure we will talk sometime soon....I am just not sure what I want to say to her.

Well, I do know what I want to say to her...but I am not sure that I want her to hear it. Makes sense?

I am going between wanting to be forgiving...and working on the friendship....but the other side is, that I want to make sure I am respecting myself at the same time. I have come to the point in my life where it is ok to say that you should and deserve to be treated a certain way. I used to not be like that....I think I was too afraid that if I did that, I would lose friends. I think I was afraid that just being my friend would not be good enough...and I should just take what I can get.

I don't think that way anymore....and I know I am a good friend. I am not saying I am perfect...in this situation or any other. And I also know...even if I did lose ALL my friends(which I know isn't going to happen)...I would rather have friends I know care about me, then to wonder.

So, I haven't decided what to do yet...but if she called right now, I think I would tell her quite open and honestly, how hurt I have felt...and see if after that, a friendship is still there and worth working on. If so...I am willing. If not, I am ok with that too.

Anyways....enough rambling so early in the morning!