Wednesday, July 30, 2003

UJ: baaackkkk!

Hello....I tried to update this last night, but the ujournal site was down. Maybe the internet gods were telling me to go to bed....

I left yesterday morning at a little before 3am.....and got home a tad bit before 4pm. It was a long trip, but I am not sure it felt that long. I didn't speed too much on the way home though. I set my cruise control to 75 and just coasted the whole way home. It didn't add that much time and well...it gave me a lot of piece of mind since I didn't have to always be worrying that a cop was behind me....just waiting to issue a ticket. I mean...I know they will give you a ticket for going 75, but well...it isn't likely.

One thing I noticed...and I do it every time I travel. I never stop to eat. I get a bag of something....like chips, etc and a couple diet sodas and I just stop to get gas and get back on the road. I don't take care of myself too well when I am on the road...in fact, I don't take care of myself too well in general. This instance just shows it to me in a way that I get. I am too concerned with time and getting there....that when I get home....I am so hungry and so tired, that I can barely see straight.

I also brought my bike out to Indiana. I hope to start riding it to work. It's about 2 miles, so I think it will be nice exercise there and back. And...it will save me gas mileage, etc. I am not going to ride it today, but maybe tomorrow. I just plan on checking the weather report in the morning...and if it isn't going to rain, I think I will be biking it.

And I did NOT bring out my cat. I had a pretty lengthy conversation with my parents about it. I think my cat will always be my cat, but her home is with my parents. And I think my dad would miss her more than he wants to say. He was the one who mentioned twice that it would be more than OK if I chose to leave her home.

And I talked with them about how I have my lease here for about one more year...and after that I imagine I am moving in some sense. Either to somewhere else in Bloomington/Indiana or somewhere else altogether. A lot of things became clear to me when I was home. I saw family and friends. I saw my best friend in Vermont....and began wondering why I live so far away from her. Just hanging out with her is good medicine for me. I have a few friends here in Indiana....but since I have been not getting along well with one of them....it reminds me of the unconditional level of support I have in NY and VT. So, I am starting to think about it.....but I might be making a move back east in the end of a year. I will keep you posted.

Oh...and I am also seriously thinking about joining the Peace Corps too. It would be a great opportunity....and I think something I would just love.

Mmmm....my parents nicely bought me lotsa groceries, so I am gonna go and make some breakfast! Mmmmm......

Enjoy the day.....at least here, it looks beautiful out!