Monday, July 21, 2003

UJ: happy happy joy joy!

Hey all....I am a happy camper today. About time, eh? Last week the meeting with my boss was stressful and intense...and didn't give me happy thoughts about working another year and a half under this grant which funds us. Well...today was nothing like that.

First....there is this baby bunny that lives in the trees and bushes just outside my office. I have seen it hopping around from time to time...and seeing it just makes me so happy. The little bunny was out and hopping around this morning, so it was a nice note to start the day from. It's just SO cute. It's tiny...about the size of the palm of my hand. So....so....so....cute!

And my meeting went really well...I think we found a way to make the rest of the term of the grant work, without driving me crazy. I didn't think that was possible, but once we put our heads together and looked for a solution, we were able to find one. I don't feel as hopeless as I did last week.

AND....I got 3 days of vacation coming. I am taking this Friday, next Monday and next Tuesday off....which is much needed. I am going to take the days and drive home to be with my family in NY, instead of them coming out to be with me. It seems like the best option. I could get a little more time than my parents could....and it seems easier for me to go there. I am REALLY looking forward to it!

So....the world seems better today. I am feeling much more like myself...and that is a good thing. I think it helped...having a good weekend....hanging out with some friends who seem to know how to listen....and then having the same kind of support at work.

happy happy thoughts....