Monday, October 21, 2002

UJ: monday morn...

morning everyone! I heard on the news this morning that someone who may be connected to the sniper attacks in DC was arrested in Virginia. I am hoping this is a huge lead in bringing this attacker to justice. I know people who are in DC...and they are just terified to do ANYTHING!

This whole sniper thing is so tragic and it reminds me a lot of when I was in college and taking a class called Murder One. The class focused on different types of mass murder, including serial killings, mass murders, workplace violence, etc... I can't help trying to figure this sniper out....given the information we have been given. The fact that all the victims seem to be random and that there isn't a specific pattern to the shootings...it all leads me to believe that the sniper is shooting people because of something in his environment. Something in his (and I am using his because statistically most serial killers are male) environment and that the actual shooting of people is some sort of emotional release for this person. Who knows...I could be wrong, wrong, wrong...and I probably am. Lord knows that I am not a forensic psychologist or a profiler. It is all just my hunch.

You know, I should delete all that cause another thing that we learned in class....is that serial killers just love attention and press about their killings. Oh well...I'll leave it up since I hope that the sniper isn't spending his morning reading my journal.

That's my two cents for this morning....