Sunday, October 20, 2002

UJ: my new journal....whoo hoo!

Hello everyone and welcome to my NEW journal! I have been looking for one of these swanky sites to host my journal instead of just having it on my website. It's so much simpler this way...or at least I hope so!

Things are going well for me...except for that I am a little sickly. I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold a couple of days ago. Yesterday I went out and bought some more echinacea and I am hoping that taking it will help nip this sickness in the bud. It just seems like a common cold, so I am not too worried about it. Mainly...my throat hurts and my lips are quite chapped.

Things at Shalom are also really good. I think I was meant for this job. Sometimes it seems so much like fate. I didn't start looking for a job this summer until August....and the week after I started offficially looking, the position at Shalom became available. It wasn't perfect...since it was just going to be part time, but the location was perfect. Shalom is a local community center which works with those who are homeless or in extreme poverty. Jobs like this are the reason I wanted to become a social worker. So...I am very happy there and I hope to continue to be happy there.

Ok, that's it for now....and as soon as I get used to how this journal works, I plan on posting much more often.

much love,