Sunday, October 20, 2002

UJ: pot luck and more....

Howdy....

I guess the new journal is like a new toy for me. I don't plan on writing two or three journals a day on most days, but today.....I just feel like playing with it. It reminds me of Christmas when I was a little kid...when you got this new, shiny toy and all you could do was play with it. I would exhaust myself playing with my new toys on christmas day.... I don't what our fascination in this culture with new things is....and a lot of times we just overload ourselves with new things, until we are just sick of them. I hope I don't do that with this journal.....I don't want my journal to become like that christmas gift that was SO loved the day of christmas, but in a few months was sitting in the bottom of my closet and never thought of again. enough about that, eh?

Tonight I was invited to a little pot luck dinner. I got the invite from this wonderful woman I work with at the Shalom Center. She is a senior in college and just about to graduate. There were a lot of college aged people there and also some professors and adult-types.... Well, it was such a lovely evening....of just chatting and hanging out. It reminded me so much of some of the friends I had in college. Oh...how I miss those friends. I miss Nicole and Jen...and how we could spend hours just talking about nothing. I even miss Morgan even though I don't think I am ready to admit that just yet... I remember feeling such a kindred connection with Nicole...because she seemed to get and understand my connection to social justice issues. *sighs* I miss her...and wish with all that I am, that Vermont and Indiana weren't so far away. I guess the lesson and insight that was brought to me tonight as I smiled and laughed with these women....is how much I miss my friends that I made in college. I wish I could have a little pot luck dinner with them right now....I smile just thinking about it.

I think that is all for now....I just finished watching Alias....one of my staple TV shows...and now I am gonna watch the Practice and head to bed. Nite all...and hope that everyone finds peaceful dreaming...

hugs-