Sunday, October 02, 2005

2 am ramblings...

My birthday is on Wednesday...I will be 28 years old. It's seems bizarre for me to be verging on 28...this year really has flown by. Do I feel 28? Not at all. I still feel like that 19, 20 year old kid in college a lot of the time...I look young, so I like like a college sophomore a lot of the time as well. It often just feels like the years are slipping away.

I don't really celebrate my birthday, I haven't for the past 6 or 7 years. I have had a few blah and a few horrible birthdays, so I think I decided that it just seems simpler to not recognize it at all....treat it like any other day...because well, it just is another day. It's kind of sad...and cowardly, but it works for me. I think I just like not having expectations on it...since the idea of being let down or disappointed on your birthday just seems like a burden that I don't want to carry. I know that I have people in my life that celebrate me...and that appreciate me...so, that is enough...more than enough.

But...if you wanna get something for me for my birthday...

Here is a list:

1. The Red Sox winning the World Series again this year.

2. a democratic president...someone Howard Dean-ish.

3. For the cable to have NOT gone out during the season premiere of Alias...so that I had to miss it. Grrr....

4. An extra day in the week...just for me to lazy around and do nothing.

5. All food to be fat and calorie free...especially pizza.

Oh yeah...and World Peace while you are at all.

It's almost 2am folks...and the video store gal is signing off. Nighty nite.