Tuesday, May 24, 2005

trying is lying, trying is dying...

I haven't posted in forever....and each time I come back, I make some statement that I am going to try to post more.

Well, I started thinking about that last week...when I was in drug court for work with our clients. In drug court, you are not allowed to say the word try in court. Why, you ask? Because saying you will "try to do something" is not making a commitment to do anything. Trying to do something is just setting yourself up with an out clause because if you don't get it done...you can just say that you TRIED to do it, etc.

That notion is incredibly important when we are talking about addiction and recovery because recovery doesn't work...if you just try at it. You have to make a commitment to it, in every way.

Now...my little website of Shelley thoughts...is much less important, but since I am on this kick...I am going to make a commitment to it. I am going to commit to posting at least once a day for the next week. They don't need to be long posts...or even incredibly meaningful posts, but they just need to be posts.

I enjoy blogging...and I have been neglecting it for much too long now.

I need to do better than trying.

*winks*

Talk to y'all tomorrow...if not sooner.