Tuesday, November 02, 2004

TV Tuesday Week 30

It's Tuesday folks...and not only is it election day (GET OUT AND VOTE)...but it's also time for TV Tuesday.

Week 30 - Reality TV

I know we'd done this before but since all the comments were lost somewhere along the line I think we'll do it again! LOL Reality TV has become all the rage, and love it or hate it there's no sign it's going to be leaving anytime soon. From MTV's "The Real World", Ozzy's life, an Australian adventure for some city girls to win some guy's affections, to 12 men trying to become the perfect lady... They've tried to out do each other over and over again. How real is reality TV? I doubt anyone will ever know but let's talk about it anyway! :)

1. Do you watch reality shows? Which ones?

It embarasses me to admit it, but yes I watch reality tv. I try to not get sucked in...but alas, it is so easy to become addicted. I watch shows like Fear Factor (i know, i know), The Mole, Real World, Road Rules, Those Real World/Road Rules Challenges, The Apprentice, etc. I have also watched some of "The Biggest Loser"...mainly to see how much they distorted the idea of healthy weight loss. Oh...and for morbid curiousity...I used to watch The Newlyweds from time to time.

You know...seeing those all listed out...it just increases my shame.

2. What's your favorite all time reality show?
I think my answer is The Mole. I like that it is actually a competition. The person who does the worst is the one who goes home...and the audience gets to play at home...constantly trying to figure out who the mole is. I even love Celebrity Mole.

3. Do you feel "reality" shows are real or are they faked?
Well, I don't think they are fake as in they are scripted...but, I also don't think they are real. I think that reality tv...in most cases...actually intends to take people out of real situations and put them in un-real situations to watch them react. Hence...I feel it is more likely real people in unreal situations.

~Bonus~ If your life was a reality show what would it be called? What would be the story line that kept people coming back?
Mine might be called "Social Work 101." I think it might be interesting too...or at least it would have been when I was working at the homeless day center. I think most people would be surprised at what I did each and every day...and of course since reality TV shows thrive on drama...I can guarantee there would be plenty of that too.

~Bonus 2~ If you could create a reality show of your choosing what would it be about?
Hmmm...haven't we created enough of them? Oh wait...I would create a reality show where I got to date celebrity after celebrity. One week I go out on a date with Affleck...the next week, a date with Ed Norton...you get the idea. At least I would enjoy that reality show....lol

There it is...TV Tuesday in all it's finest. Now it is your turn to go play...so GET TO IT!