Tuesday, November 02, 2004

All the cool kids vote....

I Voted!! I Voted!!

Given it being election day and all, I thought I would get out early and vote. I voted early this morning, I wish I could vote often! *winks*

For those people who are complaining...yap, yap, yap...about all the political blogs, etc...well, my response...GET OVER YOURSELF! This should be a political time. Today is election day where the American people make what is probably the most important decision of the next four years. We live in such a state of apathy...but then when people start talking about anything political...then the complainers come out of the woodwork. I have read many political blogs that don't share my opinions...some that not only don't share my opinions, but that offend me. But you know what...I would rather have someone spewing something I might even consider evil...then to have people just floating on and not giving a care in the world.

So...yeah...today is going to have some political writings. If you don't like it...feel free...to click yourself right outta here.

What I was thinking...as I was falling asleep last night and while I was voting this morning...was about how messed up our system is. We sell ourselves as the model of democracy for the world. Sometimes I think of just how sad that is. We have a system that seems to be set up to be corrupt. We have a system where we seemingly have to beg half of our people to even consider voting. We live in a system where votes are easily bought...and that money, not justice feeds the system. We live in a world where each side have drones of lawyers just waiting to call the election corrupt.

So...the world is supposed to look at the three ring circus that we call an election and suddenly believe democracy is the answer? You know...if I lived in a dictatorship or a communist state...my opinion might be...that at least those governments don't try to convince themselves that they are free. Part of me doesn't mean that...but well, part of me does.

I'll be watching the election results very anxiously tonight. I will be hoping that my candidate wins. *coughs* Kerry *coughs* I will also be hoping that this election makes a clear voice as to how the American people voted...instead of the ambiguous results of 2000. I hope that more people than ever vote in this election...and show just a smidge more of an actual democratic process.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very long day.....