Sunday, November 07, 2004

ok, I might watch too much tv....

Tonight...my main purpose was to watch TV. World Peace was going to be my purpose, but I got tired and cranky...and settled on TV. Here is the low down on my sunday night tv watching experience....

I started the evening with the annual Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode. I love these...I think it is the best Simpsons episode of the year because nothing is off limits. My favorite skit was the one where Ned could see the future. Bloody brilliant man...if I don't say so myself.

And then...it migrated right into watching Malcolm In The Middle. I usually watch reruns of Malcolm in the early evening during the week...and think it is so well down. I usually end up laughing out loud during the episodes...and scaring the neighbors. But, I will say...I think the kids are just getting a tad too old....and it's taking away from the chuckle factor a little. Malcolm just doesn't look like a kid anymore...which makes it harder to believe the hi-jinx of the family. We'll have to wait and see...but I wonder if the curtain is closing on Malcolm as a show.

And I kept the Fox train moving right along...and watched the season premiere of Arrested Development. Arrested was one of my fav shows last season...even though I would often have to tape it since it is on against Alias, but it was worth it. The show is just too funny...in a very quirky way. I was SO happy when they won all those Emmys...for once, I thought the most deserving show won. They always find the most bizarre way to make me laugh...and that is a rare, rare gem. I love the premiere...Tobias and his crazy ideas always leave me in stitches. My only complaint is...I am not sure how I like the idea of the dad not being in jail...it'll be an element missing from the show. Who knows though...he might be back in jail before we know it. If you haven't seen Arrested before...you should definitely check it out. I don't know anyone who doesn't think it is funny.

And finally...I switched networks and started watching "Trading Spaces: They REALLY hated it!" I love just normal Trading Spaces...but these episodes are the ones where the home owners just hated the ideas of the designer. I will admit it...shamefully...that I get sucked into the drama and kind of enjoy it when the home owners don't like their rooms. It's like that sick joy you get when the couple doesn't get along on Blind Date. And...I don't have much sympathy for the home owners. I mean...I would hate for someone to have a room they hate, but I often find myself saying to these people, "Get over yourself." The people know what they are getting into when they sign up for Trading Spaces...and I tend to believe that if you aren't going to go into it open for whatever, you SHOULD NOT sign up. Tonight they are interviewing the couples afterwards and allowing them to vent on why they hated their room...and one couple reacted like the designer has just killed their puppy....like it was the most traumatic thing ever. Come on...please... Anyways...it was fun tv...and I enjoyed watching. And yes, I enjoyed just a tad more...knowing they were going to hate the rooms going in. *evil cackle*

Oh lord...I just wrote an incredibly long entry all about tv. I know, I know...I am currently en route looking for a life for myself! *winks*